So this is a new thing I’m starting up and hopefully I’ll remember to do it every Wednesday.
I’m going to post yummy and healthy things that I have found or discovered around the net.
This one is one that I have recently discovered …
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
Okay so this smoothie really takes away those sweet cravings we all get (don’t deny it!). I was really surprised when I found that a nice big glass of this was enough to get me through from Breaky to Lunch. And it really does take away most of those sweet tooth cravings.
Be warned though, if you put it in the fridge too long the oats soak up the juice and it becomes extremely thick. But as I found, if you take it out and mix it around for a little bit, it settles down to a thinner mixture. You can also add more milk if you find that it’s too thick.
Another thing, I added honey to have it a little sweeter as the sultanas I put in didn’t make it as sweet as I wanted.
It really is a genius invention!
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 3 Cups Strawberries
- 1 Cup Oats (rolled oats or use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- ¼ Cup Cashew nuts
- ¼ Cup of Raisins (or other dried fruit or sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Optional: 1 cup of greens
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).