Excuse me while I go on a rant about how fantastic this invention is!
So this is amazing. Tastes even better than the last one I put up.
This smoothie filled me up from 9am (breakfast) to about 12ish (around lunch time). And I didn’t have a awful lot. it also fed me for the next three breakfasts, plus you don’t want to keep it in your fridge for weeks because I dare say it will go off and start smelling funky.
When it came to the Apples, I forgot to peel one but it actually turned out okay. It looked a little flaky with little bits of apple skin, but tasted amazing. I peeled the other. Also with the pecans i just chucked them in with out crushing them. I thought about it, but I didn’t know if I crushed them if the blender would actually blend them. I have a pretty high powered blender, but it crushed and blended everything nicely …. No crunchy bits what so ever!
Last but not least, I put in about a tablespoon of honey at the end with the spices as it wasn’t quite as sweet as I wanted it. The honey was a nice touch.
I am very impressed with this. And because I love it so much I am making some more tomorrow morning (6:30 am wake up call …. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry!)
(Healthy) Apple Pie Smoothie
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Apples
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- ½ Cup dates (or any other dried fruit)
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet or oatmeal if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- 1 teaspoon Cinammon
- ½ teaspoon Allspice/Mixed Spice
- Optional: 1 Cup Spinach or other mild greens
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).