So it’s been awhile since I posted anything, let along a recipe. I’m just incredibly broke right now and I’m living off bread and cheese and water. Seriously? So much for the “losing weight and toning up for summer”.
But I’m trying to get back on track. I have quite a big sum of money sitting in my bank, and granted a large bit that is for my bills …. But whatever.
This is something I stole from my Uni’s cafeteria. It’s pretty much pesto pasta and there’s no real recipe. But damn it’s good and I know its full of carbs but it does fill you up and if you have it with salad … Well you’re doing pretty good.
With a hint of parmesan, olives and balsamic sauce.
- A bag of 500gs pasta (spirally because it doesn’t stick together as much as other pastas do)
- I jar of Leggos Pesto (I know you can get this brand in Australia. But any brand will do. And if you’re brave enough you could even make your own pesto!)
- As many olives as you like (i used gourmet ones. They were Thai marinated stuffed with garlic, herbs and spices)
- Balsamic sauce (I used something a little different, it was sweet rather than bitter. But the bitter ones work better I think)
- Boil water and chuck the pasta in, throw in some salt as well to reduce the pasta sticking when it gets cooler
- Once cooked drain the pasta
- You can either put the jar of pesto in when its hot or room temperature (i let the pasta cool)
- Either whole or cut put the olives in.
- And once pasta is cool put as much parmesan you like (i put a fair bit in and then after mixing it I put some on top)
- Serve with some balsamic sauce
Really this simple recipe is all about YOU. What you want and what you like. There is not such thing as too much or too little and you cannot make a mistake (well unless you don’t cook the pasta!)